Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

E. Jeep compass 2007 2.4l. Many thngs

Jeep compass 2007 2.4l ...

Jeep compass 2007 2.4l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

Many thngs

1/16/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Hello how can I help today?

my jeep compass 2007 2.4 l wont crank
battery good starter good starter relay good

Have someone crank the vehicle and check voltage at both wires on starter and let me know what you get

no juice at the starter
i bypassed the starter it crancked but it wont start

is there a security light on?

only when i attempt to crank theres a red dot and then it goes away
didnt get ur last message

didnt send it yet im looking up some information

ok thank you apperantly it might be the wireless control modul but i dont know how to test that
can i bypass it?

ok thats your immobilizer on that, do you have a different key you can use to start? and no you cant bypass it

ooh noo.... i dont... bought it sencond hand and i have the key with the battery inside of it (remote)

more than likely your key is bad and you will need to have it towed to the dealer to have it programed, the battery inside does not effect the chip that your car reads.

ok thank you

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician