Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Check engine light came on & radio won't work. I have a 2016…

Customer Question
Check engine light came...

Check engine light came on & radio won't work. I have a 2016 jeep latitude with about 33K miles...never had an issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '16 Jeep?

Latitude

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I do not fix it...just happened after I got gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do have a remote starter never had any issues and have been going to the dealer for oil changes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
radio now works.....check engine light still on
1/9/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

sorry for the delay...........
The Radio typically would have nothing to do with the Check Engine Light "unless" there was a DATA stream issue
With the Check Engine Light ON, you need to have the Vehicle Scanned for "Trouble Codes" prior to any Repairs.
Many Auto Parts Stores will do this for FREE & give you a list of Trouble Codes found & their meanings.
This will help you decide the best course of action.
"IF" there is NO Trouble Codes found, then use of Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Scan, Test & Program the different Modules that may have caused the issue (DATA)
Could be a simple DATA Update, which Jeep sends to Dealers from time to time.
.

Let me know if you need further

.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Answer not helpful, please do not charge my account, thank you

please tell me why it was not helpful, as you provided limited info & I can only answer from what you post
I cannot touch or see your vehicle

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that was common information, you did not ask me for any further information.Also, estimated time for a respone was 8 minutes...and the response time was 3.5 hours

Sorry your question was not answered in the advertised time........apparently there was no one on in the Jeep category
I answer when I see them........
I do NOT need further info, as you posted that the "Check Engine Light" was ON
NO ONE can tell you what is wrong, without the Trouble Codes that the Computer would show with a simple "FREE" Scan
Diagnostic Trouble Codes or OBD2 Trouble Codes are codes that the car’s OBD system uses to notify you about an issue.

Each code corresponds to a fault detected in the car. When the vehicle detects an issue, it will activate the corresponding trouble code.
A vehicle stores the trouble code in it’s memory when it detects a component or system that’s not operating within acceptable limits.

The code will help you to identify and fix the issue within the car.
.

My answer was correct & to the point..........
Sorry you did not know how the site works.
We have no control over the time the question is answered or Refunds
We are independent & do not work for Just Answer
.

thanks

.

Glad you got your FREE answer......

thanks

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic