Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2 things, FCW light will come on and off, EVIC says to clean…

Customer Question
2 things, FCW light...

2 things, FCW light will come on and off, EVIC says to clean it but even after cleaning does not shut off, will randomly warn me to BRAKE but without any hazards in the way. My front seat heaters have also started turning off right away, light will come on for about 20 seconds then shut off and seats do not warm up

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

The brake fluid for the FCW light? or for the seat heaters

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2011 grand cherokee overland

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

For the FCW light I tried the suggested fix of cleaning and wiping off the radar on front of jeep, no fix. That is pretty much asll I have tried. Not sure what else could cause it it has not been related to sun or weather as this is the first time it started doing this after owning for a year but it will turn on and off randomly but always at least once per drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The front heated seats are also not working

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/8/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The seat heater issue is usually due to the seat control module at fault or a seat heater element burned out needing to be replaced.You will need to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool or computer that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set than those codes diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

The codes need to be checked for the FCW/EVIC to see if any codes are set needs to be diagnosed and repaired to locate and repair this fault as well.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete