Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

We was climbing meaning on ROAD 23A up Haines falls just…

Customer Question
We was climbing...

We was climbing meaning on ROAD 23A up Haines falls just past thru Paleinville where road starts going up and Jeep Rubicon 2013 everything went off Out side temp super cold 1 decrees cold all week was below where I live at night Yes matins still had 2 thousand to go New Battery Ideas Yes I drove up the mountain slow about 30 or below no place to stop. pulled in a Haines Falls Mechanical place let set running fan was going nut Oil said hot. turned off a bit 5 ten minutes Started Could shift Turn off beck on things calmed engine light only

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

Went into gear back out Thank You God drove No did not notice

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Jeep?

Rubicon 4 door NO I don't do what normal Jeepers do Off Road It's the 10 year ed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

My step daughter looked at stop in Vech. info all read normal when she picked us up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No on fix it ourselves If you turn it off when happen stop 3 times turned off all times started but once moving one at a time lights flashed Jeep hour away plus

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
1/8/2018
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It isn't clear exactly what symptoms you're having but it appears you overheated the transmission at the least. The hot oil message you saw in the instrument cluster is displayed when the transmission is overheating.

Can you elaborate on exactly what happened other than this message being displayed?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician