Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 207 jeep commander and I believe it is in security…

Customer Question
I have a 207...

I have a 207 jeep commander and I believe it is in security lock out was installing a remote start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes new batter

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Commander?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?

We were installing a remote start

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/7/2018
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on depending on what actual symptoms you're having. It's possible that damage was done during the installation of whatever you were installing or the problem may be unrelated. IT's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong.

What specifically is the vehicle doing?

I had 2 new keys cut and programmed with no issue
The strange thing is I will pull the iod fuses and push them back In. When turn the ignition key I will hear the fuel pump kick on but only hear the starter relay click when I try to start the car
The next time I crank the car no sound from the fuel pump

If the starter relay is clicking then the most likely cause is the starter itself or a poor connection between the starter solenoid driver wire and it's terminal.

I also see a transmission temp level message

Do you have a 3.7?

3.7 6 cyl
4x4

The starter relay isn't clicking then. It isn't cranking because it isn't seeing a range sensor input from the trans. The lead plate on top the valve body needs to be replaced.

I will double check but the starter relay is clicking but I don’t hear the fuel pump engage

The starter relay isn't clicking if you're seeing a trans temp warning.

Could any of this be caused from an after market remote start

No.

We installed the remote today and while testing vehicle had these issues

I did see that in the previous posts.

Just making sure we didn’t mess up computer etc

The lead plate on top the valve body needs to be replaced.

I will check it out tomorrow

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.