Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

It cranks but won't start. I believe it's the sentry key…

Customer Question
It cranks but won't...

It cranks but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

I believe it's the sentry key immobilizer or a key failure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Yes all are working

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

Liberty Jeep 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

2002 liberty Jeep

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything thing checked is ok but the key light on dash board won't go off Also this morning I opened the door with the key and the alrm came on

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/5/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So if you have a light on there will be a skim code in the computer, for this you will need a dealer level computer to access this information in the vehicle to determine what steps need to be taken next in the repair

I can't reach the dealer as i am using the vehicle in Nigeria as a third own

My complete phone number is **************** am in Nigeria

ok so you will need to find someone who has a scanner that can access the codes and program keys to cars

Ok how about if I need to order an immobilizer abroad can u be of any help?

sure thing I can get you a link to whatever part you need

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!