Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a wrangler 2014 that I bought used in the summer. I…

Customer Question
I have a wrangler...

I have a wrangler 2014 that I bought used in the summer. I never tried the remote starter that it has until it got cold out. The jeep will turn on but then shuts off after a minute or so. I have tried to reset the tachometer by starting the car and then holding the break down while pressing the auto start. Still didn't work. This is something that has been going on since fall when I first tried to use the factory installed remote start but it is now cold enough where it matters!

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

I get a very normal sounding start up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried the method listed in my first chat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I get a message that says system failure remote start disabled

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/5/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tried a system reset yet?

Is that where you start the car and then put your foot on the brakes while pushing the auto start? I did that