Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

DO I REMOVE THE GAS TANK TO PULL MY ENGINE 4.7 L V8 2001…

Customer Question
DO I REMOVE THE...

DO I REMOVE THE GAS TANK TO PULL MY ENGINE 4.7 L V8 2001 GRAND CHERKEE LAREDO? IT IS NOT GOOD TO HAVE GAS LEAKING IN THE ENGINE DEPARTMENT WHEN PULLING THE ENGINE IN CASE A SPARK.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

IT IS NOT A HOG FROM WHAT I KNOW. IT WILL NOT TURN OVER AND NEEDS NEW MAIN BERINGS.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Jeep?

I HAVE DONE ALL I CAN ON THE ENGINE AND IT WOULD NOT START AND MADE A GRIND/CRANK NOISE. IT IS A LAREDO 4.7L V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

YA IT WILL BE ME.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
SHOULD I WRAP A CHAIN AROUND THE ENGINE TO PULL IT OUT AND SO I BYPASS TAKING OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER?
DO I DISCONNECT THE TRANSMISSION AND LEAVE IT IN TO PULL THE ENGINE?
WHAT IS THE HARD PART?
1/3/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 6 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer. No need to pull the gas tank. Just be sure to cao the fuel line when you disconnect it from the fuel rail on the engine. Yes you can use a suitable chain, and yes you can leave the transmission in the vehicle when you pull the engine.

Chris

I hope this information/answer was helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.

Thank you!

Chris