Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Rear wheel makes humming nooks. Possible bearings. Also pass…

Customer Question
Rear wheel makes humming...

Rear wheel makes humming nooks. Possible bearings. Also pass n back seat do not blow hot air only ice cold. Also only half the heating clusters for vent curculstion is half illuminated n parking shifter does not loght uo. Also rear pass Windows goes up real l slow n half wasy stopdc n crawls 3.1/4.n then finally closes. N I just bought this car last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Half the lights on heat n a.c. knobs right half lit rest dark n knob shifter. But not sure if thatsveven supposed to light u

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2009 overland hemi.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing cause I still have warantty. I bought vehicle last week. So either they fix it or they cam come to N.Y n het it themselves cause this is a joke.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sounds like right shellrear. Making a hummiming sound probly bearings. I just hope tire wasn't put on to tigh. Hate for it to fly off while driving. Thx for ur help. N happy New year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Same to you!

Correction. Pass rear tire sounds humming n it's gdttimg louder

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
1/2/2018
Jeep Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, what issue do you want to deal with? you will need to open other requests for the rest of them

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Rear wheel makes humming nooks. Possible...
Rear wheel makes humming nooks. Possible bearings. Also pass n back seat do not blow hot air only ice cold. Also only half the heating clusters for vent curculstion is half illuminated n parking shifter does not loght uo. Also rear pass Windows goes up real l slow n half wasy stopdc n crawls3.1/4.n then finally closes. N I just bought this car last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2009 overland hemi.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Same to you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thanks on phone call. I just want ur advice so dealer didnt try n rip me off. Cars a week old n only drove it 4 times.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if I call u low. Il be able to get ur advice. Cause this is rally bothering me. Especially since I love in MY n have to travel n hour n a half to NJ.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Live in N.Y
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank YOU kindly. Sir or Ma'am
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok can he give me his opinion on the problems I wrote. Would be much appreciated,as I might be bringing car to dealer tomm morning
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the way. Its not a jeep dealer. Was a used car lot. Called CARLINK. IN NEW JERSEY
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Rear wheel makes humming nooks. Most likely a failing wheel bearing is to blame for the humming noise as long as the tire tread wear is uniform.

Also pass n back seat do not blow hot air only ice cold. A faulty seat heater would be to blame fo that concern.

Also only half the heating clusters for vent curculstion is half illuminated. A possible cause is the HVAC control circuit board is bad or a bulb has failed.

n parking shifter does not loght uo. A faulty bulb is most likely for this concern.

Also rear pass Windows goes up real l slow n half wasy stopdc n crawls3.1/4.n then finally closes. Damaged or weak window motor or window guides.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All the heated seats work fine.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I figured a new motor or window n the bearings nn ill also check for fuse for heat n A.C. knobs as for why only half is lit. N tire tread on tar tire is wearing o thboutside. However car doesn't shimmy or shake or pull.

Keep in touch and let me know if more help is needed after the visit to the dealer in the morning you mentioned.

Jeep Mechanic: ,  replied 1 month ago
Phone call session started
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician