Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I just got my daughter a 2005 Grand Cherokee. The airbag…

Customer Question
I just got my daughter...
I just got my daughter a 2005 Grand Cherokee. The airbag light is on constantly and it beeps 60 equal short beeps when you start it. The beeps start prior to ignition so I guess I shouldn't say start it. I counted them 3 times. I checked the airbag fuses (cavity 29 and 30) and they are fine. Also visually inspected the tensioners and they look okay.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When the airbag light comes on and stays on along with the beeping means that the Airbag system is seeing a system fault. When this happens the system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing, you will need to start first with having the system scanned and the B code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them I can direct you in the needed repair.

I have a scanner but the CEL wasn't on. I'll check anyway. BRB.

In order to retrieve the Airbag codes you will need a full Jeep compatible scan tool , unfortunately, a code reader will not get these codes for you.

2 codes. Both P0456.
Sorry just saw the last response. Okay I will try and get that done.

okay, you're looking for a B code and or codes for the Airbag system. The code P0456 is an emission system code and will not affect the airbag system.