Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 01 wrangler and it had a trax4 passtime GPS thing…

Customer Question
I have a 01 wrangler...
I have a 01 wrangler and it had a trax4 passtime GPS thing on it and I cut it off I don't remember where it was or witch wires it went to but now my jeep won't start
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So with that unit it will need to be towed to the place where it was bought and it needs to be programed there or rewired

Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here since you requested a new one.

Unfortunately, once you cut those wires, even if you rewire it, it will not start without programming. This will require having it towed to the place you purchased the vehicle from, which if you still owe payments on, may involve a fine by them or even having it repossessed for violating the terms of the agreement on not tampering with the dealer installed tracking. This would need to be answered by a lawyer on the legal ramifications of what you did.

But from a mechanical point of view, I can tell you that once you cut it, even if you rewire it, it still will not start until the dealer reprograms it

Essentially the same answer as the first expert you opted out. You can opt me out as well, but it will not change the accuracy or validity of the answer.

That's the answer I just paid for? Are you kidding me. I could have got a better answer on YouTube for free. So since I didn't get this jeep from a dealer it's going to the dump thanks for nothing

HI,

Then you need to forget about reattaching it and instead rewire the starting and ignition to how it came out of the factory, and then have the SKIM key and module programmed.

I have no idea how it was originally wired in, but can upload the wiring diagram for original wiring of system

I don't want to reattach it I don't want it In there reason y I took it out
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager