Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Jeep won’t start. No and I tried to jump it but won’t wprk.

Customer Question
Jeep won’t start Mechanic's...

Jeep won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No and I tried to jump it but won’t wprk

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2012 Jeep Liberty we also checked the iod fuse and it isn’t loose

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to trouble shoot, that’s it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Wait the check engine light came on about a week ago

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 6 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. When you say it won't start, do you mean that when you turn the key to the start position, the engine cranks cranks cranks cranks cranks, but won't fire, or nothing at all happens when you turn the key to the start position?

Chris

Just clicks and clicks, the odometer flashes no fuse

Are the headlights good and bright? If so, do they stay bright, turn off, or get dim when you turn the key to start?

Checking now

Ok

They dim when trying to start

Sounds like low battery voltage. I know you said that you tried to jump it, but Maybe the jumper cables or ?? has an issue. Do you have a volt meter handy?

I have something like that I can check it

Ok, do that if you can. The voltage should be 12.6 volts, and not drop below 11 volts when you crank it. If it goes below that, then take the battery down to your auto parts store and have it tested. Replace it if it fails the test. Most auto parts stores will test it for free.

Chris

Perfect thx going to do this now

You are welcome!

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris