Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I started my jeep and accidentally locked the door and don't…

Customer Question
I started my jeep...

I started my jeep and accidentally locked the door and don't have spare key..is there a way to open it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Don't think so..but why is that important? the car is running

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2016 jeep cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried nothing yet..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
1/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have the U connect system set up in your model then you can usually unlock it this way.Some of these models came equipped with it and you usually had to subscribe to it and some did not come with it.Below is the link to the web site for this system

https://www.jeep.com/uconnect.html#systems

Other then this it would take having another key unfortunately or an AAA company or lock smith to come out and manually unlock it.Or dealer roadside assistance.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete