Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Will not start,and when you let off ignition still turns…

Customer Question
Will not start,and when...

Will not start,and when you let off ignition still turns over

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes the wheel will turn,and no the key isnt bad someone told me there are some sle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2011 compass

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Compass yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i am someone told me there are some selinoids under the fender well that go bad can you send a pic of location and problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No one in Topeka Kansas has a repair manual

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
1/1/2018
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 1 month ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

What size engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no on computer 2.4

Thank you.

Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the cluster when trying to start it?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery cables from the battery and rubbing them together?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Ok, you might want to try that first.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where are the selinoids for the ignition system

The only solenoid for the starting circuit is located on the starter which is located underneath the air intake/throttle body assembly.

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman