Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Sat in garage over night and when I started it today the…

Customer Question
Sat in garage over...

Sat in garage over night and when I started it today the rear brakes would not let me back out of the garage. Engine light is on too. Can I put hot water on the wheels?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No Just got home yesterday.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Trail Hawk Jeep Cherokee 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/31/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

yes you can but why do you think the are frozen , is it really cold ?

is the abs light on also ?

you started it up,it runs ,check engine light on and you can not back up because the rear wheels not moving and e brake iss off, is that correct

was all working prior to this

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Abs light is off. I drove in snow for about 4 hours yesterday to get home. Plow guy clear a way into my garage and I drove in, this morning I knocked a lot of snow off the from and back wheels. I am a women don't have a clue about why it is doing this.

ok if we talking snow ,then yes pour water or buy deicing spray can from local parts store be better and spray behind the wheels if you have any

even if you but in reverse to back up from garage and give it a little more gaz it want budge , you can press ur foot on brake while u giving it gaz to keep it in place in case the wheels got loose and you are not flying back wards ,if there was any issue in braking system you will have warning lights on and you don't at this time

the wheels might have to come off if that does not work and see ,are the calipers stuck on the disc ,,or the E brake cable froze even though it is released in cab ,but not releasing rear wheels is a possibility

?

do that let me know