Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

What would the potential problems be when the electric

Customer Question
Second opinion] what would...

Second opinion] what would the potential problems be when the electric throttle warming light comes on stays on then will be off when I get back in car to drive then comes on again? can it damage car if I continue to drive and cat get it in for service right away?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The electric throttle control warning light the lightening Bolt inside parentheses in jeep cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cherokee?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it into dealership and they did no see anything . I had take vehicle in because the engine light kept coming on and the found it was thermostat problem so will be getting me new one . but the ETC light kept on coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They said they had used a computer to check for this? is it possible that the computer can miss this problem. also have noticed the car is beginning to rev when starting up engine running fast don't want the car to suddenly stop dead when I'm out driving now weather's bad

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/31/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

Do you have the codes? If the red lightning bolt is coming on then you have codes. Usually when this light comes on it means you have an issue with the throttle body. Sounds like you had it looked at and the dealer could not find anything. Is this under warranty?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a 3 star or higher rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating by clicking on the stars in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating. If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund. So please ask what you need more help with and lets get your question answered!

I am contacting you because this question has not been closed or rated. This question will automatically time out after 7 days.Please let me know if you have any questions so I can help more. A 3 star or higher rating would be greatly appreciated.Hoping this information was helpful.Thanks.
Dan, ASE Master Technician