Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2017 jeep wrangler engine malfunction warning light came on.

Customer Question
Good morning, 2017...

Good morning, 2017 jeep wrangler engine malfunction warning light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No, i was just reading that i might get the code by turning key from off to on to off to on to off to on and code would be at odometer window but havent tried it yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Jeep Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will go try getting the code now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The code is P0456

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/31/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician replied 3 months ago
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is***** fault code you are getting is for a small leak in the evaporative emission circuit of your Jeep.

Quite often the P0456 code can be set due to a loose fitting gas cap. If you haven't already, I would make sure that the cap is properly tightened and that it clicks a few times after tightening it.

If the cap is fine, the there will need to be some diagnostics run by your dealer under warranty to locate the source of the leak.

I hope that helps answer your question but if you need anything further please let me know.

Mark
Mark