Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I just need a radio code for a MyGig I bought on eBay. I…

Customer Question
Hi, I just...

Hi, I just need a radio code for a MyGig I bought on eBay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jeep. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I have serial# ***** VIN from both vehicles. It is a T00 that is going into a 2017 Wrangler. How much will it cost and how long will it take? Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/29/2017
Jeep Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

I am so sorry your radio is not working, due to security reasons, for
your protection we are prohibited from giving out the code to your
radio. This measure is put in place to prevent thefts, and we want
to keep you and everyone else safe. But the good news is, you can
get the code from your dealer for free by showing proof of ownership.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

I have the VIN from seller, and receipt from Ebay. Also see that many others have recieved codes on Just Answer. Why can some receive codes, but not me?

I get it, but it's mow illegal for anyone to hand out codes like we used to. You can also try Frys electronics or Best buy. Even radio/alarm shops could give it to you.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor