Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty and my heat still blower air but…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty and my heat still blower air but does not get hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes and also flushed system out and replaced the thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, my dad is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If we talk to him are there a fed$$

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/27/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you near the vehicle now to do some checks for me?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Flushed the heater core, the engine block, and the radiator. Replaced the thermostat and refilled the system. Purged air from the system. Checked the operation of the blend doors. All seems to be in working order. Still no heat. Can tell a little difference between cold and hot settings but hot is barely in the warm catagory.
Daughter has taken the car on an errand so it's not available for the next hour or two.

O.k., in some cases even flushing the heater core is not enough if the core is to restricted as I have had to replace some of these before for this issue even after the flush was done.

Locate both heater core hoses and with the engine warmed up fully and heater on high heat grasp each hose and see if they are both hot in temp feel and both the same temp feel.If one is hot and the other is allot cooler to touch this indicates the heater core is still restricted needing to be replaced or an attempted flush again flushing back and forth through both ports to clear it up.

If they are both hot to the touch and the same temp feels then this isn't a coolant issue and is more of a heater box door fault.If the actuators move properly then there can be a fault mechanically with a door in the heater box itself and the heater box will need removed and repaired or removed and replaced with this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Technician