Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a Jeep. 2011 Wrangler 4 door. The problem is

Customer Question
I have a Jeep ...

I have a Jeep

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2011 Wrangler 4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

The problem is sometimes when driving at lets say 60 mph or greater and I'm on a road that is a bit uneven the my tires start to shimmy, they have replaced the front stabilizer ( think that is what it is called) however the same thing just happened again the other day. The issue is that it doesn't happen all the time.. Any clue of what it might be?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

The tiers are about a year old. no this just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/27/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Normally this is due to the steering dampener, which is essentially a small shock mounted horizontally from the frame to the steering centerlink - see attached

If ok, then the next most common cause is the pitman arm that attaches the steering gearbox to the steering links.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.