Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

This code came up on my 2006 Jeep Wrangler with the 6

Customer Question
This code came up...

This code came up on my 2006 Jeep Wrangler with the 6 cylinder engine. P2096 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System too lean Bank 1. Is this a sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I am wondering if it is a co2 sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am have not tried anything. It runs fine. It is -25 degrees here

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jeep
12/26/2017
Jeep Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I do to keep the light from coming on?

you need to put a scan tool on it and read the oxygen sensors voltages to make sure they are reading correctly. this requires a scan tool that reads live data.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It tells me bank 1 is too lean Where is that sensor located

bank 1 has 2 sensors. you need to have a scan tool put on the vehicle that reads live data to determine if they are both reading correctly. this is a temperature fault. not a component fault

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will have to get a scan tool or take it to a dealer? Is this caused from low voltage or low temperatures?

low temps

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
replacing one or both of those sensors will fix it, or will the cold weather continue to cause the light to come on? The heat gauge runs the same as summer right around 200 degrees

ok, one more time. replacing parts doesnt fix anything if the part is not proven to be bad. you need to have a scan tool that reads live data on it, put on the vehicle to read the oxygen sensor voltages to see if they are performing ok.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you

youre welcome

hows it going?

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman