Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The alarm keepz. The alarm keepz going off. Fuses look OK,

Customer Question
The alarm keepz Mechanic's...

The alarm keepz

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

The alarm keepz going off. Fuses look OK, car starts & runs fine, no sign of a battery charge problem. I was thinking of removing the relay for the alarm system but I don't know which one it it. It is a 2014 grand with the 3 litre turbo diesel engine, UK spec.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled out the fuse from position 80 as the handbook seemed to indicate that was for the security system. I have replaced the fob battery as that was low, but nothing has helped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, if it can be a simple fix I hope to do the work myself.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/23/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the Vehicle anti theft modules and based on these fault codes we can pull up a Pin Point troubleshoot and be accurate on it ,If you do get it scanned ,you can post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

we have hood, trunk, door switches, door locks , etc to many parts involved that will trigger it

now in case that was a glitch ,we can try A master reset and see if it clears it ,

make sure battery fuly charged and battery cable not loose or corroded

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat