Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

After replace the Battery, start engine but drive shift can…

Customer Question
After replace the Battery...

After replace the Battery, start engine but drive shift can not move to D rang, shift move to N range.and "Service Engine" light stay on. code are U1504, P0610-00, P1500-00, U0420-00, C0051-09, U0402-00, B2204-15, P0051-14, P0415-00. Do I need Reprograming?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great. If you share the code with me, I'll pass it along to the Jeep Mechanic. He'll be able to diagnose your issue much faster with a code. What is the model of your '00 Jeep?

'14 Jeep Cherokee V6 3.2L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have limitation for FIX. I want to know the cause of problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/22/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

there is TSB on this issue ,your first DTC is U0402 , and the rest are collateral codes most likely caused by 402 but we need to test

please click on ink to review tsb, technical service bulletin

please let me know if you can view it

and we go from there

did you have prior issues before battery replacement ?

and what is mileage on it now ?

I could not starting the engine, but I did Jump start. Mileage is 27803 miles.

i see the phone call request, but i did not go thru , you have to update your card on file ,but you may not need a call here and will cost more money,but will happy to call

that is low mileage

jump starting when you did , any sparking happened at battery

aren't you still under warranty at 27k ?

take it to dealer ,that tsb should be done free, if that is the case

you can try a master reset using below procedure

if that does not work , take it in

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .the reason we do that is to take any residual power in the wiring harness to try to reset the modules ,and there will be no spark created touching them since we took battery power source out of the loop by taking both cables off

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables ,Positive cable First

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat