Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The starter button is off and will not start when I push it.

Customer Question
The starter button is...

The starter button is off and will not start when I push it. Says its on "off". I'm pushing the brake and pushing the button but it won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is working, lights and everything else is working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2015 Cherokee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking at the manual to see if there is anything similar. This happened a few days ago, it "started" but wasn't getting any traction, it was like it was in between locked and unlocked. I was able to turn it off and when I tried to restart, it worked. Now it's not doing anything, just says off. We are trying a manual start with the fob. OK, the power comes on, radio, everything electronic except the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I couldn't connect with the mechanic...I paid $31 to "just answer" and I didn't get to connect. Can I please get a number to call the mechanic? Thanks.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Sounds like the switch / button may need to be replaced, but it could aldo be a locked up control module. Try this : disconnect the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes and then reconnect it. See if it will now start.Chris
Did you still want a phone call? If so, accept the offer and I will call.
Chris