Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My AC comes on late. Takes about 1 minute before it kicks…

Customer Question
My AC comes on...

My AC comes on late. Takes about 1 minute before it kicks on, and for a while, about a month, the heater wouldn't work, but it does now. The lights on the shifter do not work either. Everything else runs and works perfect. Any ideas? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The Park, Reverse, Drive on the base of the shifter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2013 Wrangler X

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

No ... because the AC works, after a minute, and the heater as well (also after a minute), and the lights are minor ... I just keep driving it. Thought there may be a common problem with other Jeeps. Was guessing a computer issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ... that's it - thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/20/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is it taking 1 minute for the AC compressor to come on or for the bower to start working?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris