Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

The engine turns over but it wont catch. 2005 jeep liberty.

Customer Question
The engine turns over...

The engine turns over but it wont catch

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2005 jeep liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried reseting the computer. put in oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No maam

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
could it be the fuel filter?
12/19/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Try spraying some carb cleaner or starting fluid in the intake to see if it will fire

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman