Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Wont start when I got it before they said they changed the…

Customer Question
Wont start when I...

Wont start when I got it before they said they changed the asd relay and it started and ran for a few weeks

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

160,000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1998 Grand Cherokee Loredo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I looked at relays are they suppose to be all the same ? I have 1 different one

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/19/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 2 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I take it the engine cranks over but does not start?

Are there any codes in the computer?

What size engine do you have?

cranks over but don't run 5.2 liter

Thank you.

Does the engine have spark?

If so, does it run on starting fluid?

are all the relays the same ? they have 7 relays / it looks like 6 might be the same 1 looks different but has no number on it for the ASD spot
there is no owners manual in vehicle

YES, all of the relays are the same and yes, you can swap them out with eachother.

the last one they put in is not the same as the others
I need to go swap one I guess

ok

that didn't change anything
I have a computer on order for it
it will be 4-5 days before I receive it
if that don't help I will call y'all
Thanks have a good night

The relay is not the issue.

The computer could be the issue, but there are a lot more things it can be.

Let me know how you would like to proceed and I will be happy to help.

I will wait till I change Computer then if I need more help I will come back
Hope You have Happy Holiday Season

Sounds good. Thank you!

You too!

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman