Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The rear hatch will not open. 2017 Patriot. I haven’t really…

Customer Question
The rear hatch will...

The rear hatch will not open

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2017 Patriot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t really tried anything mechanical yet. Was hoping it was an easy fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/16/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

The key that is used to start the vehicle is also used to lock or unlock the doors and open the liftgate. To unlock the liftgate, insert the key into the lock and turn to the right (manual lock models only). The liftgate can also be unlocked using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter or by activating the power door lock switches located on the front doors. Once unlocked, the liftgate can be opened or closed without using the key. To open the liftgate, squeeze the liftgate release and pull the liftgate open with one fluid motion.

Although the liftgate has no inside release mechanism, the liftgate trim panel includes an opening with a snap-in cap that provides access to release the latch in the event of an electrical system malfunction.

Jeep Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 7 months ago

Now that I have provided a full or partial answer a 5 star rating would be appreciated. You can do this by clicking on the stars in the upper right hand corner. Rating will not close out our chat session and we will be able to respond to each other as many times as needed for free. Providing a positive rating is the only way I receive credit for my work with you.

Customer service is my number one goal. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question answered!