Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2007 jeep grand cherokee, will not go over 35 mph. codes are…

Customer Question
2007 jeep grand cherokee, will...
2007 jeep grand cherokee, will not go over 35 mph. codes are u1412,p0052, p0128 any ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician replied 8 months ago
Mark
Mark, 22 Year Factory trained technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

Are you familiar with the definitions of these codes?

Have you attempted any repairs yet?

Is there any additional info you feel would be beneficial for me to know before we proceed?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks.

o2 sensor,
Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)
Implausible Vehicle Speed Signal Received
no repairs yet
replaced engine 6,000 mile ago

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ok, I dont believe that the the 02 code or the thermostat code will prevent the vehicle from going faster than 35mph, but the speed sensor signal is the one I would concentrate on to correct this concern.

The abs module sends the speed signal to the PCM and when the PCM does like what it sees then it will set this fault code. The causes for this code can be a faulty abs module or damaged bus wires between the module and the PCM. While these two possibilities are the less likely causes, the most likely would be a faulty wheel speed sensor at one of the wheels.

There are 4 speed sensors that are monitored by the abs module and it will store fault codes for any sensor that is not working correctly. So far you have retrieved the codes from the PCM and it is pointing you toward an issue with these sensors. Now, the next step is to use a scan tool or code reader that is capable of obtaining the codes directly from the abs module and this will narrow it down to which sensor or sensors is causing your trouble.

The basic OBD2 code reader doesn't have the ability to read abs codes, so you will need to locate one that is. You can also do a visual inspection at each wheel to see if there is any obvious signs of damaged wires to these sensors.

I hope that helps, and if you need anything further, please don't hesitate to reply back.