Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

The abs, 4wd fault, and esc lights all came on at the same…

Customer Question
The abs, 4wd fault...

The abs, 4wd fault, and esc lights all came on at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the abs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2014 patriot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Patriot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Me and a friend when he gets home we will pull any coads

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/15/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Will need to know the codes to help diagnose thus condition. If you get the codes read today, reply with them and I will be able to give you direction.
got 2 codes c101c & c101f
These codes refer to an erratic signal from the right front wheel speed sensor. In most cases, replacement of the speed sensor at that wheel will correct this condition. There are some other possible causes, such as a bad wheel bearing, debris on the reluctor ring, wiring issue, or an issue with the ABS computer. There are 2 ways to know if the sensor is the o my issue. First would be to monitor the signal from that sensor with an oscilloscope and compare to the other side. That doesn't make sense for most people. The other route is to replace the sensor, clear the code, and drive it to see if the code returns or not.