Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Radio is still running after I have turned off. I pulled out…

Customer Question
Radio is still running after...
Radio is still running after I have turned off . I pulled out the fuse for the audio. Still here radio running. I have a cd in there. If I can get that out perhaps that will help. It was fine all day.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
If you need me to check something or try something I can just let me know
12/14/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Assuming there are no bus communication issues this is being caused by an internal failure in the radio. You can try disconnecting the battery or removing fuse 28 in the integrated power module and see if it will stay off when reconnected, if not then the radio will need to be replaced or removed and sent out to somewhere such as United Radio for internal repair. In the mean time you can remove fuse 28 to remove power from the radio to keep the battery from dying.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you for working on a solution. I had written that I had already removed the the fuse. So that was not the help I was looking for. Thank you for taking the time
As you said you were did not get on line till a much later time then my request. I knew I needed helped ASAP due to the fear of my battery running down.
I love how you went through all the options I just needed a quicker answer and wisdom on how to keep my battery from dying.
You were very thoughtful and considered many causes. I can review them
Thank you
You said you removed a fuse labeled audio. The IOD fuse is the one you're concerned with.I apologize that no one responded sooner, unfortunately I'm unable to personally control that.
I am thankful for your wised on the jeep.
I found all it very helpful
Thank you

You're welcome!