Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

We own a 2007 jeep wrangler that we drive infrequently. I'd…

Customer Question
We own a 2007...

We own a 2007 jeep wrangler that we drive infrequently. I'd like to buy a BatteryMINDer for it but there are a lot of choices! Can you tell me what battery it probably has? One description reads "All sizes, types, and brands of 12 Volt flooded (filler cap) and sealed maintenance free batteries including standard AGM." Is that the right one?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I'm not at the house right now so can't look and would have to ask a garage to test it. I took it recently and they said it was fine but had drained from not being driven for a while.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I take it to a garage. They thought maybe a solar charger would be a good idea but we keep it in the garage over the winter, so I want something like the BatteryMINDer that I can leave plugged in when we're away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's working ok lately as I'm driving it once or twice a week for 40 minutes or more.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/13/2017
Jeep Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

I just got three of these for a friend of mine. He needed them for his boat and bike and extra car. They work great and he had no trouble with starting any of them 2 months latter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BatteryMINDer-1500-Charger-Maintainer-Desulfator-car-boat-mower-MAKE-OFFER/371428285532?epid=1412129532&hash=item567ad9dc5c:g:pVcAAOSwDNdV5xee