Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Need to locate expansion valve for jeep cherokee 2006? Jeep…

Customer Question
Need to locate expansion...

Need to locate expansion valve for jeep cherokee 2006 ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

Jeep advised to replace EV and Evaporator in progress with latter and have EV but cants locate where the old EV is

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my mate is replacing the Evaporator annd i hav ethe Expansion Valve but cant fidn wherr eto locate same on engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Jus tthe location of EV thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/12/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The Expansion valve on your 2006 Cherokee is located at the firewall between the A/C refrigerant lines and the A/C evaporator. See the removal steps for it in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sy1tpfpj5y9cxc/expansion%20valve%20Dec%2012.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician