Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Jeep wont start when engine hot .after 15-20 minutes starts…

Customer Question
Jeep wont start when...

Jeep wont start when engine hot .after 15-20 minutes starts no problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

New battery.when attempting hot start it acts like a flooded engine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Jeep?

2008 jeep liberty 3.7L engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have had it in garage they cant get it to do the problem.you have todrive it a few miles first.after stopping it will restart for first 2-3 min ok the after 5-10 min it trys but sounds like its flooded

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/11/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Amedee, Jeep Technician replied 7 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Jeep Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?