Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I believe it is stuck in 3rd gear. 130053 no leaks. 2006…

Customer Question
I believe it is...

I believe it is stuck in 3rd gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

130053 no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2006 jeep commander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken negative post off and turned key on to reset computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/10/2017
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago
eric remington

the shifter is stuck? does it go into reverse? park?

Goes in reverse and park
After i hooked battery back up i took it for a test drive. The take off was fine even from a full stop but when i got up to around 60 it didnt shift gears stayed in that gear with rpms around 3500 to 4000
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok is the yellow service engine light illuminated?

even started flashing a little before i got it back home then it stopped flashing. Turned jeep off and back on and service didn't come back on
Jeep Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 8 months ago

ok go to firestone and geta free obd2 check and then let me know what codes you get....Ok? AS you may ber aware when the light comes on there are codes stored in computer history. you need to hook up a sc anner and access those codes when you get codes tell me what they are....ok?