Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Blower motor will NOT work on high but works on all other…

Customer Question
Blower motor will NOT...

Blower motor will NOT work on high but works on all other speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Auto and approx. 86k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2000 wranger 4.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/9/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Has anything been done to resolve this?

Do you have a test light?

nothing yet, no but a dvm
no

Thanks for the info, please give me a moment to type my reply

I am not amuzed on this constant wanting to engage in verbal call --- NO
if yoou cannot help to maybe point me to relay or switch... call it a give-up and I can go my way
I'm wasting time.... please cancel

The way this is setup is the switch provides the ground for the blower. Since its working on all the positions except for high, that indicates there is a problem with the switch itself. It's not grounding in that particular position. This Can be tested with your volt meter, at the blower, check the brown/tan stripped wire for continuity to ground when the switch is on position 4. If it's there then the switch is good, if not, the switch is bad.

Please understand when I ask you to give me a moment to type my reply, I am aware the site is trying to get you to call. I don't do calls, which is why I ask you to give me a moment to type. I cannot type out my reply in a matter of seconds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

don't take it personal, I work for Micosoft, and a electrical engineer as well as electronic engineer --- I spend my life on a PC and trying to get this resolved for my granddaughter all the while juggling many balls (like you at same time)...

Thing is, the site isn't set up so that I can stop typing a reply and tell you I am typing a reply.

So, every time you chime in while I am typing my reply like that after I asked for a moment to type the said reply, you are giving me stress over something I don't have any control over.

I am trying to help you figure out what's going on with the jeep. I have to look at wiring diagrams and other info before I can even type out a reply.

I don't take it personally and don't really feel it's your problem. I know the site doesn't bother to let you know I am typing a reply. It's a problem with the people who own the site really.

Understand, I'm spoiled in that I see all and work in real time all over the world. Has to be frustrating to have software that is not tuned to fit your needs...Have a good day

You're very welcome!

I believe you will have to replace the switch to solve your problem unless there is a wire issue.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help and please remember to rate MY ANSWER, not the site.

Thank you.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician