Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Wall I have a 96 XJ limited and I'm trying to install a

Customer Question
Wall I have a...

Wall I have a 96 XJ limited and I'm trying to install a aftermarket keyless entry in my jeep but the keyless entry that is installed is dead and I don't know to connect the brown and white wires too ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It's dead that's why in trying to install a new won

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I em and I have ficksed a lot on it it's just off RWC , the keyless entry is the last thing I need to get done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need to know where to connect the two wires too so I can start the car and get in and out of it thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/9/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, what do the directions say to connect those wires to?

And I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics for your vehicle to walk you thru this