Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2000 jeep cherokee the front brakes lock up but the…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 jeep cherokee the front brakes lock up but the rear keep turning

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

70,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just starting to look in to it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/7/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 7 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is usually caused by a bad master cylinder, the front half of the master cylinder is for the rear , and the back is for the front, have you cracked open the front line off the master cylinder and seen if there is pressure when the pedal is pushed down?

No

this is the way o verify if its a bad master cylinder, crack loose the fitting and see if fluid comes out when pressing the bakes, if it does not, then replace the master cylinder,Tim

What one I see more then one line?

there should only be 2 lines coming out the master, it is the closest to the firewall,Tim

I did just get done puting in the new master cylinder & it did not fix the problem.
I put a new master cylinder in and it did not fix the problem still doing the same thing and I replace all the brake fluid there is no air in the lines.