Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Where is the starter located? One single click. Grand

Customer Question
Where is the starter...

Where is the starter located?

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

One single click

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Grand Cherokee 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are trying to locate the starter

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What engine is in that vehicle

4.7 v8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lol6zqd2n6xocvm/strter.docx?dl=0

Ok here is the location as well as the removal procedure

were you able to open it ?