Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

When I put my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee into reverse, or out of…

Customer Question
Hi. When I put...

Hi. When I put my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee into reverse, or out of park, my blinkers, along with my blower motor for my a.c./heater stops working. I believe this might be a short in my Neutral safety switch because I had a HUGE brake leak I recently fixed. When I shift from park to anything fuse #20 blows under my steering wheel. What are your thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes. It is a 10 amp fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself. I am still in diagnostics phase. I have checked for open wires (none that I can see) and have deducted my fuse blows when I shift from park.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/4/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

SO you are correct on that, unplug the neutral safety switch and shift to see if it happens again.