Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Ran over tin horn and underneath the back bumper on the left…

Customer Question
Ran over tin horn...

Ran over tin horn and underneath the back bumper on the left side is a box attached with hoses drug it off. What is the box connected to looks like the hoses were attached

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/2/2017
Jeep Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What is the model of your Jeep?

2012 Liberty Jeep jet
Are you there?

Yes, please give me a minute to pull a diagram and upload it

No

No?

Waiting

OK, Take a look at this procedure, the charcoal canister is under the left rear corner. If it was dislodged the hoses running to the fuel tank and the engine may be what you are seeing

Click here for diagram

Is that it? How can I help you with your questions?

It broke off completely and hoses are dangling is this to the fuel tank
hello

Then you need the canister and maybe new hoses if the connectors on the end are broken. With the canister gone the computer will turn on the check engine light and you may notice the engine lack power.

What can I do to help?

Please allow me enough time to answer your questions, I am here

Never miind

What? You asked a question I answered it. Please complete the rating if you have no further questions. If you have further questions please post them here.

Will you complete the rating please?