Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I just bought a 430 series radio to upgrade my 2012 JKU

Customer Question
Wrangler Sport. Took apart...
I just bought a 430 series radio to upgrade my 2012 JKU Wrangler Sport. Took apart the dash and plugged it in; it's asking me for security code. Googled it and got to you. Radio was purchased from a close friend of mine at fair market value; he can vouch it was all done with fair sale. The radio was removed from his jeep (sahara model JKU) in order to upgrade to kenwood unit for subwoofer install.S/N: T00AM0783T0799
MY VIN: 1C4BJWDG8CL265185Please let me know if you can help! TY!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/2/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer now prohibits the posting of radio codes here.
There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.