Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I disconnected my radio and now it says I need a security…

Customer Question
I disconnected my radio...

I disconnected my radio and now it says I need a security code. Nothing in the owners manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Its the carstereo

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need the security unlock code for my factory mygig radio

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
12/1/2017
Jeep Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 4 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

this is a anti theft feature the only way to get the code is to go to a dodge/jeep dealer with proof of ownership and the vin # and they can access the code for you...

sometimes the code is on a card that comes in the owners manual when you purchased the jeep

Jeep Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

In terms of what happened is that the radio has an anti-theft code from the factory, with power removed and code set the code will then be required to use the radio again. This code is only available with how the above other expert mentioned as well, same info where it is either on the card in the paperwork/manual, written in the manual/radio booklet or if not and card was not included then your only option is to contact your local dealer which will then provide the code to you. Since this is fairly new there's a good chance the theft code card is in with the vehicle booklets/manuals.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician