Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty. It will not blow hot air, just…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty. It will not blow hot air , just cold. Started suddenly. Both hoses going into the heater core are hot.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Coolant level is good. not leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the 20 amp fuse, coolant and leaks. thermostat appears to working as the gauge read fine and jeep isn't overheating.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure where the blend door actuator is so I can check that as I don't have a manual.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/30/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

The fact that it is hot in and out indicates flow and working heater core, two things can occur and that is either blockage from debris or blend door not working either from debris/being stuck, bad actuator or power/ground issue from the rest of the system. First thing would be to go to the blend door actuator near the heater core and check power/ground to it when you set between hot/cold and see if the readings change and if so then check actuator operation also removing the actuator motor if needed to check, sometimes a leaf or stick/etc will prevent the door from opening and you will just need to remove it and check to see.

Bonuses are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face, please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason, please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician