Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

No trouble codes, but cel is on. On all the time. 06

Customer Question
No trouble codes...

No trouble codes , but cel is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

On all the time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

06 unlimited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , looking at all connections

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Jeep
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Jeep Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The computer is what grounds the circuit to turn on the light, so either the computer is bad or that circuit has a short to ground that is turning on the light. A simple circuit check will tell for sure.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Where are you talking about checking the circuit at ?

With a scan tool and a DVOM. The scan tool will check it for commands, and the DVOM will check the wiring power and ground all the way to the light inside the instrument cluster.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Says payment error but my card was charged 26 dollars already
I'm an expert only, you need to contact customer service after you have rated me.
Thanks

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.