Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Is there any way I could get a Jeep radio unlock code? Vin…

Customer Question
Is there any way I...
Is there any way I could get a Jeep radio unlock code?
Vin #1C4BJWDG8EL174761
S/N# *****
PN# *****
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/27/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

You will not find a tech that can offer this as it is now considered a security issue and even with that info you have to go in person to a dealer and provide proof of ownership. But there is one thing I can do for you is give you this link as it has helped many in your situation, so good luck.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

No I need you to login to the DealerConnect and use the information I gave you to give me the code... not google the same thing I already have.

Did you not read my previous notes as We cannot do this service anymore , you have to do this in person with proof of ownership

It's a basic stock radio, you can't even give them away. Why would you need proof? Even so there's a way to send pictures on here
Jeep Mechanic: Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech replied 7 months ago
Brad
Brad, Jeep Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Dodge dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help...

Do you still need help?

Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer now prohibits the posting of radio codes here.
There are two things you can do. You can try http://www.radio-code.com to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I'm not taking advice from a guy named sprinkles

That's simply a username, but has no bearing on the situation.

Oh but it does... what kind of professional has a username like that

If you have further questions about the vehicle it can be discussed here.