Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

Kids jeep she’s says it’s stalling after stopping and RPM…

Customer Question
Kids jeep she’s says...

Kids jeep she’s says it’s stalling after stopping and RPM indicators are all over the place

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

Check engine light is on and when she’s driving

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

Checking

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jeep?

Sorry haven’t heard back from my daughter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We haven’t done anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just waiting for her to get me year and model

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
2004 liberty
11/26/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Thomas Ragusa,
 replied 4 months ago
Thomas Ragusa
Hello. My name is ***** ***** am a certified jeep technician I would like to help you out. First step is to find out what the code is for the check engine light. That will point us in the right direction. You can go to some part stores like AutoZone. They may have a code reader to get you the diagnostic code. That would help me a Lot to figure your problem out
Jeep Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago
nelson freitas

do you still require assistance? were you able to get those codes from the PCM?

That won’t be until tomorrow. This has nothing todo with the transmission correct? Someone is telling her that
Jeep Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 4 months ago

it shouldn't have anything to do with the transmission, but depending on what code(s) that are retrieved we will then know much more.

Will be in touch once we know codes
Jeep Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be advising you with this issue as my fellow expert opt out ?
Okay we have a clue with the rpm
Counter jumping all over the place points to a bad crankshaft sensor.
But doing a code check will confirm this issue.
With the scan tool hooked up get them to go to live data and check the engine speed readings see if the
Readings are also jumping around like the rpm dial if yes sure to be a crank shaft sensor. If not will be a instructor cluster issue .Please get back to me when you have the code or codes .
Rgds Greg
Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman