Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My daughter had ask me to install a Dual radio DVD player. I…

Customer Question
My daughter had ask...

My daughter had ask me to install a Dual radio DVD player. I took th old one out and put the new one in , now the inside lights , doors , and radio wont work, also her engine light came on and this wasn't like this. I done many radio systems on cars so don't know what happen here

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

I did

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jeep?

2007 jeep liberty sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im going to try

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
Her inside lights wont come on , her doors wont open or close with her alarm beeper , also alarm quit working , and dash lights stop but they came back on and the back hatch wouldn't latch ...uggghh I'll never do this with damn peace of cr... jeep
I check her fuses in the driver side by door , also out on the engine i dunno if there is other fuse boxes so im lost this is never happen to me. I also put a diagnostic tools to see if will tell me anything about a code or ?? Also she took it to autozone and they told her to take the battery terminal off the battery she did for almost an 1hr and nothing it still mess up. I didn't touch anything or any other wires except for the wire harness in and out the jeep
11/26/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

what happens if you unplug the radio from the vehicle harness and reset the car does everything go back to normal?

No. If i take her old radio out everything stays the same. Not working and the radio you can see the light on it but it wont work. All lights inside are out , she said her engine light also came on today
I order a deferent wire harness cause the one she has was like a wallmart universal and I do not like them

Im saying though if you leave it unplugged and then try a vehicle reset without plugging it back in what happens?

right now the radio is plug in the jeep , but i haven't check anything else cause perhaps when the other harness comes in a few days im going to try and install it again and see what happens. now at the time I took the radio out and check fuses , found a couple 10 amp blown , but replaced them ... if I knew how to reset the computer i will do it and I'm just that good of a mechanic
i can do systems on cars ect but that will be for some else that knows how to do it

ok un plug radio at the vehicle harness and to do a reset pull neg bat cable then positive, touch both terminals together for 1 min and them wait 15 more, reinstall positive then neg and try again, and do not plug in radio

hows the reset coming?