Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

2005 Jeep Cherokee Liberty. I do i do have a a/c issue. From…

Customer Question
2005 Jeep Cherokee Liberty ...

2005 Jeep Cherokee Liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i do i do have a a/c issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

From where could i find electrical diagram for A/C?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

The issue is that a/c does not turn off

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/25/2017
Jeep Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will try to help with this issue ,

does the blower motor works or no? just blows warm air ?

has the freeon level been checked ? did you loose the ac coldness gradually or suddenly ?

click on on link to view ac wiring circuit diagram for ac system you requested

we have several things, but first we start with checking fuses and freeon level ?so you need a test light and ac freeon test gauges .

fuse #25 a 10 amp & fuse 30 a 10 amp 10 in the under hood fuse box needs checked , an ac compressor clutch relay , but look at the circuit diagram and follow it and see what you missing ,if the ac system freeon level drops below 25% it will shut off compressor since the low pressure switch picks up low freeon , so check freeon levels to specs

if the blower not working when you turn switch inside cabin check blower motor relay ,in some cases freeon is good, fuses are good and the issue will be the control module in dash or if you losing ground it will be pcm issue , etc , it gets complicated but testing is needed here to be accurate

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

i do have 3.7 150kw enginea/c is working and the issue is that its working all the time, nevertheless is it switched on or off

if you pull the ac compressor clutch relay out will it cut off, or the fuse in the under hood fuse box will it cut off

inspect the pins on that relay, then next we have a bcm module that controls the ac , but we have several things here needs checked ,there is no one word answer here on this or i will be guessing

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent & faults retreievd ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I do have diagnostics system to support the failure check and activationsthe value for a/c is "active" all the time - that is the main issue
the a/c on/off switch does not change anything (orange a/c light on or off)i do have the same diagram which you did sent to me but cannot read out from that diagram any deeper info regarding "body control module" or "a/c heater control" - i need these diagrams with more detailed info to undertand operation signals

sorry these are not available , we check these using a Chrysler specific scanner , no pin out on them in my update online manuls

but I will opt out of your question for other experts maybe they have it for you

please do not reply back to me since it will lock the question back to me and other experts want see it to assist you further on it

Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?

The issue is solved. Problem was in modul level and i did managed to fix it without electrical pinout data. Everything works now as it should. No direct help from JustAnswer for my issue in this time. Regards.

I'm glad you got it repaired.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician