Jeep

Have Jeep questions? Ask a Jeep repair expert for answers

My interior lights on my 2014 Cherokee won't go off even…

Customer Question
My interior lights on...

My interior lights on my 2014 Cherokee won't go off even after I put off the jeep and is locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes ..it shut off properly yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just noticed it now after I got home from work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My display lights and radio remains on after locking the car ...apart from that no issues

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Jeep
11/25/2017
Jeep Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.there are several things that could cause either issue and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on.

There are a handful of things that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is wrong. Both problems could potentially be caused by a door ajar switch related issue.

Have you checked the dimmer for the interior lights to make sure they weren't set to stay on all the time?

Do any other components stay on that should turn off with the ignition?

The radio display screen does remain on too

I did note that in the first post.